Monday, November 17, 2008

Saving Impossible



I'm trying. *Insert quip about "yes, you're very trying" here.*

But in all seriousness... I'm trying so hard to save money. I feel like I never can though. No, I don't go on shopping sprees. No I don't buy a latte everyday (once a week to get me through class, I'll shamefully admit though). Yes, I look for sales. Yes, I try to buy things used. Heck, I'm even looking for my winter coat at Goodwill, though I haven't found one yet.

When the end of the month comes around, do I have anything to show for it? No. I'm still dipping into my emergency fund to buy tickets to go see my Grandparents for the holidays. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll buy any Christmas gifts this year. I'm still saying 'sorry' that I can't go out to restaurants with my friends on Fridays.

Having a job, freelancing part-time, and all this penny pitching is all so tiring. It's also embarrassing. Will I ever not be worried about money?

Does any one have any good money saving tips?

No comments: